The Universe (henceforth referred to as "Tut") and I do not seem to be on speaking terms. Yesterday, I found out that I do not exist. There is no record of me earning any salary here even though I have worked for six months. The people in Texas can find me in NJ, but not in TX. I have a house I can't live in and I am not in Texas records. Hmmmm. I think Tut is trying to tell me I don't exist. Or maybe I should not exist in Texas. So, I have been trying to figure out where Tut expects me to be. I haven't a clue. I really like Texas, specially here in the Austin area. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the motto "Keep Austin Weird" was an invitation for me to move in. Who do you know that is weirder than I and who could better assist in keeping the place weird just by their presence thanI? I ask you.
Every where I go I find the most engaging and helpful people. They appear and do things that would be unheard of any place else. A Real Estate agent that is worried about where you are going to live. An insurance agent that comes to your house to put in a dead bolt. Where else but here? It seems that they have no concept of putting themselves out. They are generous, unjudgemental, and fun to be with. Or maybe I'm comparing them to the stereotypical NY/NJ persona.
If you have any idea what Tut is trying to tell me I'd sure like to hear about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment