Julie has been and gone. She really kept me towing the line. I got about seven resumes out. She also gave me the moral supprt to end a few impulse invitations and call questioning a couple of bills. This is something I let go and just pay usually. Not a good practice when you have money and disasterous when you don't. And she was just fun. Thank you , Julie. I really appreciate the help and the time you so generously gave to me.
This week has been a little stressful. Going from Julie's imposed structuring to therapy was a good thing. There seem to be a lot of available jobs with the state and I did start the process for Texas state teaching certification. (Last night, I met two women in the business center at the hotel who told me how to go about getting licensure for counseling. So I could work on that after I get a paying job. ) I have been treated so gently and warmly by the counselor at the Work Force Center and with the interviewer for Unimployment Benefits. Sure is a change from NJ.
The Biker Rally in Austin took place this weekend. We had about a hundred bikes parked in front of the hotel, in the valet parking spaces and in every available triangle in the garage. Saturday night was sure a hopping time during cocktails. All is quiet now. The place won't be the same.
Tomorrow starts another day of job searching. I just apply to everything that even remotely resembles my credentials. It is kind of fun. I laugh quite often wondering if I'll even get a rejection message. I will start splitting my time between Christina and Kyle' s home and the Work Force Ctr. There are a few classes there that I want to take and there is also the random possibility that someone may come there to recruit. Wouldn't that be nice.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment