This week in group the therapist reminded me that I only had a few sessions left and I could decide to leave on Thursday or Monday. I said I'd think about it.
I realized that Juliemae Jones had put her phone number in the header of my resume and cover letters when she called to tell me that some woman had called and wanted me to return the call to schedule an interview. After fixing all the saved copies and deleting the pdf's I returned the call.
I had an interview yesterday at Cedar Internatinal Academy. A charter school. They have a web site which I used for research. They have the same problems as every other charter school except the ESL is Spanish not Ebonics. I thought the interview went very well. I don't know if I'll get the job, but I know the interview went well. And I don't know if I want to go through another charter school. They are supposed to make a decision this weekend. If I do get an offer, I'll look at the compensation to see if it is worth blood, sweat, and tears.
So I thought about it. Last night was my last night. Everyone said such lovely things. There is still a group that meets on Tuesday nights for two hours and there are tons of other groups available. Even socially orientated ones. The Tuesday night one is free for six visits. Then you graduate from that one, too.
My individual therapist is great. He really blew my socks off with my second visit. It felt like he had read my autobiography which I thought had not been published as yet. This session went very well also. I understand fully, why he wants me to read about TA and the Six Steps. Some of the questions he asked provoked a lot of thought and helped me remember things I had pushed way back in the dusty archives. I am going to start journaling and he suggested I do a dream board. I'll have to see about getting some magazines somewhere.
The job search goes on and on. I spent a long time at the center on Wednesday. I got a lot accomplished. I have now applied to enough jobs to cover me until Sept 3, 2009 doing the five per week requirement. Oh, Juliemae, I got a thanks but no thanks from one of the organizations I applied to while you were here just this morning. Planning on doing some more later this morning.
ttfn from the Embassy.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment